I can’t believe that July is almost over with! This summer has been flying by and I feel like it’s blown by in a blink of an eye. We’re getting lower than average temperatures for this time of year, and I’m not going to complain about 75 and sunny! But it has given me that little taste of fall and that gets me excited for eating all of those heavy and filling foods that go great with chilly weather and football! Tonight I decided to do a grilled casserole. I only call it a casserole because everything is in one dish and I put all 1-dish dinners in the casserole section. This was a great fall teaser dish because it has kielbasa and potatoes in it and those are true fall dishes in my house! You can pretty much do whatever veggies your tastebuds desire, but we stuck with some basic summer veggies. Next time we will add a green bell pepper for some added flavor. The best part about this dish is the fact that you don’t need any more seasonings than salt and pepper. No oil, butter or anything other fattening cooking aid! Everything turned out tender, delicious, and flavorful and I will be making this again in the coming weeks!
Grilled Potato & Veggie Casserole
- 1 – 14 oz package of kielbasa, sliced
- 2 – Large Yukon potatoes, quartered
- 1 – Medium zucchini, sliced & quartered
- 1 – Medium yellow squash, sliced & quartered
- 1/2 – Large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 – Green Bell Pepper, sliced (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine all above ingredients and wrap into a foil pouch. Put on a pre-heated grill on Medium-High heat for about 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this dinner as much as I did!!
- OM..Baked .Potato Casserole (plainpoor.wordpress.com)
- Amaranth Vegetable Casserole (cleverkitcheness.wordpress.com)
- Sausage and Veggie Strata (therealdealmarin.com)